Events Edmonton is a registered charity and the producer of Taste of Edmonton. For more than 30 years volunteers, local charities and non-profits have been its tremendous in supporting us. Every year volunteers contribute their time and general awesomeness to help bring this festival to life. Without their support, these delicious treats would go unserved.
We would like to send out a big THANK YOU to all of you. We value your support and contributions and hope everyone has as much fun as we do putting on this great event. 2017 will be another exciting year and we invite volunteers to join our team.
We have a lot of different things to do at Taste! Take a look through our list of volunteer opportunities and find what’s best for you
Not everything is straight-forward – so to make it easy, we have answers!
Local Charities & Non-Profits
Taste of Edmonton is the perfect opportunity to raise funds for your charity or non-profit organization. We are always looking for new partners to join in all the fun. We will provide your organization with an honorarium, acknowledgment on our charity signage and the opportunity to promote your cause in our charity booth. Taste of Edmonton also provides benefits for your volunteers:
- Taste of Edmonton tickets
- Snacks and beverages from our volunteer patio overlooking the event
- Volunteer t-shirts
- Free Proserve and ProTect online course (each takes approx. 3 to 4 hours). The certificate is valid for 5 years, in your name, and valid at any other venue.
- General training by Events Edmonton
- Fun, food, music, and meeting new people
If you are interested in becoming a charity or non-profit partner just contact our volunteer manager, Marion Clark.
How can I help out at Taste?
We have many different volunteer positions available at Taste of Edmonton! Look through our list to find the perfect fit.
- For all the children, designated drivers and those who are just not into a glass of beer or wine, we are offering a variety of juices and smoothies and, of course, bottled water. Against Taste tickets you will hand out these beverages, make sure to re-order supplies in time and keep your work area neat and welcoming to our patrons.
- Shifts: 10:30am to 3:15pm; 3pm to 7:15pm; 7pm to 11pm
- Are you open-minded and love to approach all sorts of people and ask them a bunch of questions? Then you are the one for this position. Our funders and sponsors like to know who our visitors are and you are helping us to collecting this important data with the help of a tablet.
- Shift: 11am-3pm; 3pm-7pm; 7pm-10:30pm
Taste 4 Kids
- We want to ensure that Taste is a festival that the whole family can enjoy! Taste 4 Kids is a program targeted at encouraging kids to be active, eat healthy, and discover the importance of balanced nutrition. You are a patient and energetic person that loves kids. You will be leading kids through the daily activities, assisting with set-up, and ensuring that they have just as much fun as their parents!
- Shifts: Tbd.
- Since it is so busy at our festival, you will be supporting our team evenings and weekends by selling tickets from a debit/credit card only booth. You will be welcoming our patrons with a big smile and be the first one to answer a bunch of questions. Enjoy the fast pace of this position all while soaking up the atmosphere of the festival.
- Shift: Mon to Thu 4:30pm to 8:30pm; Fri 4:30pm to 9:30pm; Sat/Sun noon to 5pm & 5pm to 9:30pm
- “Welcome to Taste of Edmonton”. Your smiley face is the first that your co-volunteers will see when they sign-in to their shifts. You will advise them, guide them, feed them, keep the whole volunteer headquarters nice and clean-and a whole lot more. This place can be pretty busy at times, so working under pressure is a good skill to have. Good people skills are a must, as you will work with a large group of people from all different backgrounds.
- Shifts: 10am-2pm; 2pm-6pm; 6pm-11:30pm
- This is a busy place and can be quite hectic. You are counting, calculating, reconciling, assisting ticket sellers and more. And all this under time pressure. You will keep it cool and still enjoy the fun about it all. Basic accounting knowledge is not a must but, would be great if you have it!
- Shifts: 10:30am-5pm; Noon-6pm; 5pm-midnight
- Where is my favourite restaurant? When does the band start playing? What is the theme at Sip n’ Savour tonight? And a zillion more questions that you will hear throughout your shift. You are a friendly, open and welcoming person that loves to assist our patrons.
- Shifts: 11am-3pm; 3pm-7pm; 7pm-11pm
- You are everywhere! Assisting the volunteer management team, relieving your co-volunteers for breaks, running errands, answering questions, helping out where needed and generally being indispensable! You have excellent people and communication skills, are a pro-active problem solver, and think on your feet – literally!
- Shift: 9am-1pm; 1pm-5pm; 5pm-10pm