Events Edmonton is a registered charity that has produced Taste of Edmonton for more than 30 years. We work closely with our volunteers, local charities and non-profits to bring the festival to life each year. Without their support, these delicious treats would go unserved.
Volunteers have helped and supported Taste of Edmonton for over 30 years! We send out a big THANK YOU to all our volunteers, and local charity and non-profit partners for their time, contribution and general awesomeness while helping out with Taste of Edmonton!
2016 will be another exciting year and we invite local charities and non-profits to join our team in this opportunity to raise funds for your organization.
Volunteer Job Descriptions
- We have a lot of different things to do at Taste! Take a look through our list and find what’s best for you.
- Not everything is straight-forward – so to make it easy, we have answers!
Thank you for your interest but we are no longer accepting applications at this time for Taste 2016.
How can I help out at Taste?
We have many different volunteer positions available at Taste of Edmonton! Look through our list to find the perfect fit.
Festival Ambassador - FULL
- Are you open-minded and love to approach all sorts of people and ask them a bunch of questions? Then you are the one for this position. We like to collect data about our patrons, their demographics and more to give us and our sponsors an idea who is visiting us.
Taste 4 Kids - FULL
- We want to ensure that Taste is a festival that the whole family can enjoy! Taste 4 Kids is a program targeted at encouraging kids to be active, eat healthy, and discover the importance of balanced nutrition. You are patient and an energetic person that loves kids. You will be leading kids through the daily activities, assisting with set-up, and ensuring that they have just as much fun as their parents!
Ticket Seller - FULL
- Since it is so busy at our festival, you will be supporting our ticket selling team in the evenings and weekends by selling tickets from a "Debit/Credit Card Only" booth. You will be welcoming our patrons with a big smile and the first one to answer a bunch of questions. Enjoy the fast-pace of this position all while soaking up the atmosphere of the festival.
Volunteer Tent - FULL
- “Welcome to Taste of Edmonton.” Your smiley face is the first that your co-volunteers will see when they sign-in to their shifts. You will advise them, guide them, feed them, keep the whole volunteer headquarter nice and clean - and a whole lot more. This place can be pretty busy at times, so working under pressure is a good skill to have. Good people skills is a must, as you will work with a large group of people from all different backgrounds.
Sip ‘n Savour - FULL
- Sip ‘n Savour is our VIP venue in the middle of the Square with different themes each night. You will be hosting and welcoming our patrons and booked groups, assist staff with set-up, maintenance and clean up and make sure that our guests feel like being on vacation. You have a friendly smile and good communication and people skills.
Count Room - FULL
- This is a busy place and can be quite hectic. You are counting, calculating, reconciling, assisting ticket sellers and more. And all this under time pressure. You will keep it cool and still enjoy the fun about it all. Basic accounting knowledge is not a must but would be great if you have.
Information Tent - FULL
- Where is my favorite restaurant? When does the band start playing? What is the theme at Sip n’ Savour tonight? And a zillion more questions that you will hear throughout your shift. You are a friendly, open and welcoming person that loves to assist our patrons.
On-Site Assistant - FULL
- You are everywhere! Assisting the volunteer management team, relief your co-volunteers for breaks, run errands, answer questions, help out where needed and just be indispensable. You have excellent people and communication skills, are a pro-active problem solver, and think on your feet – literally.
What happens after I send the application form?
Once we receive your application form, you will be contacted to determine the date(s), time(s) and area(s) in which you will be volunteering. We will do our best to accommodate your preferences. You will be invited to a Meet & Greet for new volunteers and a mandatory orientation shortly before the festival.
What is expected from me?
New volunteers are expected to work a minimum of two shifts and to attend the orientation session. Depending on the area you will work in, the shifts are between 4 and 6 hours.
We are a team and all depend on each other to make this festival a great experience for everyone. You are expected to commit to your schedules and to represent the festival and its organizers in a positive and professional manner at all times.
Volunteer hours look great on your resume. You meet great people, make new friends and it is also a great networking opportunity. You develop new skills at the same time while contributing to a fun-filled community event that brings joy to so many people and enriches Edmonton’s culture scene.
And don’t forget the volunteer perks: You will receive a festival shirt, complimentary Taste of Edmonton tickets, and an invitation to our Volunteer Appreciation Party at the end of September.
Will there be a background check?
Yes. You will be asked to fill out the police record form. You will be required to bring two pieces of government-issued ID – Driver’s License, ID card, Passport, and Alberta Health Care Card are accepted IDs. Please note that your Social Insurance Number (SIN) and non-government-issued IDs (eg. student ID) are NOT accepted. Events Edmonton may also be contacting a reference that you must provide on your application form.
Can minors volunteer too?
Absolutely! We encourage young people over the age of 12 to join us. However, minors between the ages of 12 to 14 will be required to volunteer together with an adult or guardian and may volunteer only in certain areas. Minors from 15 to 17 will require a written consent from their parent or guardian to volunteer with us.
- "I honestly have no complaints. Everything was awesome"
- "I was very happy with my experience as a volunteer. I have volunteered with a number of other groups, and felt more appreciated and camaraderie with the Events Edmonton staff than I have with any other organization that I have worked with. Thank you!!"
- "Best volunteer experience I've ever had and I've volunteered A LOT."
- "My experience year after year is always good."
- "In all the time I have assisted with the event it is a unique event with a terrific atmosphere"