Charities and Non-Profits please click here
Events Edmonton is a registered charity and the producer of Taste of Edmonton. For more than 30 years volunteers, local charities and non-profits have been its tremendous supporters. Every year volunteers contribute their time and general awesomeness to help bring this festival to life. Without their support, these delicious treats would go unserved.
We would like to send out a big THANK YOU to all of you. We value your support and contributions and hope everyone has as much fun as we do putting on this great event. 2018 will be another exciting year and we invite volunteers to join our team.
Apply early! Space is limited to 3200 people.
How can I help out at Taste?
We have many different volunteer positions available at Taste of Edmonton! Look through our list to find the perfect fit.
Volunteer applications for this year are now open! We welcome your participation!
Cena con Vista Assistant [Cena pronounce ‘chayna’; Dinner with a View]
- For our dinner on the HRR scissor lifts you will have patrons sign a waiver agreement, collect the tickets, help patrons into the harness and accompany them into the ‘sky’. You will also assist with the carrying of meals and beverages onto the lifts.No equipment operation will be required. However, you need to feel comfortable with heights!!!
- 5:30pm to 9:30pm
Sky Lift Assistant
- For our HRR Sky (scissor) Lifts you will have patrons sign a waiver agreement, collect the tickets, help patrons into the harness and accompany them into the ‘sky’. No equipment operation will be required. However, you need to feel comfortable with heights!!!
- July 21, 22, 28 & 29: 10:30am to 4pm
- July 18 - 20, 23 - 27: 10:30am to 1:30pm or 4pm
- For children, designated drivers and those who are just not into beer or wine, we are offering a variety of juices and smoothies and, of course, bottled water. In exchange for Taste tickets you will hand out these beverages, re-order supplies in time and keep your work area neat and welcoming to festival visitors.
- July 19 - 28: 10:30am - 3:15pm; 3pm - 7:15pm; 7pm - 11pm
- July 18 & 29: 10:30am - 4:15pm; 4pm - 8pm
Taste 4 Kids
- We want to ensure that Taste is a festival that the whole family can enjoy! Taste 4 Kids is a program targeted at encouraging kids to be active, eat healthy, and discover the importance of balanced nutrition. You are patient and an energetic person that loves kids. You will be leading kids through the daily activities, assisting with set-up, and ensuring that they have just as much fun as their parents!
- July 19 - 28: 10:30am - 4:30pm
- Are you outgoing, open-minded and love to approach all sorts of people and ask them a bunch of questions? Then you are the one for this position. Our funders and sponsors like to know about our visitors and you are helping us collect this important data using a tablet.
- July 19 - 28: 11am - 3pm; 3pm - 7pm; 7pm - 10:30pm
- Our festival is so busy, this position is needed to support our ticket selling team on evenings and weekends, selling tickets from a Debit/Credit Card only booth. You will be welcoming our patrons with your biggest toothy smile and be the first in line to answer a bunch of questions. You are conscientious and accurate and enjoy the fast pace of this position, all while soaking up the atmosphere of the festival.
- July 18: 4:30pm - 8pm
- July 19 - 28: 4pm - 9:30pm
- July 29: 3:30pm - 8pm
- “Welcome to Taste of Edmonton”. Your smiley face is the first that your co-volunteers see when they sign in to their shifts. You will advise them, guide them, feed them, keep the whole volunteer headquarter nice and clean - and a whole lot more. This place can be pretty busy at times, so working under pressure is a good skill to have. Good people skills is a must, as you will work with a large group of people from all different backgrounds.
- July 19 - 28: 10am-2pm; 2pm-6pm; 6pm-11:30pm
- July 18 & 29: 10am to 3pm; 3pm to 8:30pm
- This is a busy place and can be quite hectic. You are counting, calculating, reconciling, assisting ticket sellers and more. And all this under time pressure. You will keep it cool and still enjoy the fun about it all. Basic accounting knowledge is not a must but would be great if you have. A background check will be required for this position. Note that this position requires a minimum of 3 shifts.
- Shifts (we need you to sign up for a minimum of 3 shifts):
- July 19 - 28: 10:30am - 5pm; Noon - 6pm; 5pm - midnight
- July 18 & 29: 10:30am - 4:30pm; 4:30pm - 8:30pm
- Where is my favorite restaurant? When does the band start playing? Where can I buy tickets for the special programs? And a zillion more questions that you will hear throughout your shift. You are a friendly, open and welcoming person that loves to assist our patrons.
- July 19 - 28: 7pm-11pm
- July 18 & 29: 11am to 4pm; 4pm to 8pm
- You are everywhere! Assisting the volunteer management team, relieve your co-volunteers for breaks, run errands, answer questions, help out where needed and just be indispensable. You have excellent people and communication skills, are a pro-active problem solver, and think on your feet – literally!
- July 19 - 28: 9am - 2pm; 2pm - 6pm; 6pm - 10pm
- July 18 & 29: 11am - 4pm; 4pm - 8pm
Apollo Sky-Lounge Host
- The Sky Lounge is where our media partners & guests have their home, and where the ‘high-rising’ patrons on the scissor lifts have their welcome drink. You will assist with set-up, welcome everyone, and keep the place nice and tidy.
- July 19 - 28: 5:30pm - 9pm
- July 19 - 28: 5:30pm - 9pm
Sysco Taste 2 Remember
- This is a long-table dinner exclusive event with local (and maybe celebrity!) chefs interact and serves guests. You will distribute wristbands to ticket holders, and assist with serving, clearing and cleaning this lovely venue.
- July 19 - 28: 4:30pm/5pm - 10pm